Sleek, beautiful, and interesting is always expected appearance of ornamental plants as a decoration at home and outdoors. Therefore,plants need extra attention and intensive treatment to keep them healthy and attractive appearance.
Crops as well as pets that need more attention,when we truly care with a passion, even the crops will respond by displaying the figure of a healthy, beautiful, and graceful way you expect.
In the treatment of ornamental plants that need to be done is memeperhatikan watering, pruning and re-potting. And three things happen just when we want to propagate ornamental plants or membudidaykannya.
How Good Watering
The role of water in ornamental plants is very important because water elements–elements that bring food for the plant through the root hairs. Unsure chaos that is dissolved in water moves from the roots to the leaves. In the leaf, this solution with carbonic acid gas forming foods further proposals circulating to all parts of the plant until the plant is not a sign of wilting and growth. Water is also useful in time temperature control of hot air.
Life depends on watering plants, especially plants in the pot. When watering too late, the crops will wither and eventually die because of evaporation from the cells in the plant. Whereas if excess watering will also not good, because it can cause the roots can not breathe and become rotten.
Unlike the case when we are planting directly in the open ground, despite the lack of water can still survive because the soil is still plenty of food and water recommendations.
1. Water Quality
The water should not arbitrarily water, because water is brought seeds of disease which can threaten the survival of plants, such as water, river guaranteed not dsapat cleanliness.
Good water quality is well water, because in it contains nutrients needed crops. When using rain water or tap water should be suppressed in advance approximately 12-14 hours, after which the new can be used for watering.
2. Water Quantity
Watering should be done in the morning or afternoon. When watering plants, usahkan on all parts of the plant, especially the leaves. This crop looks so fresh, and so we recommend using spray water on plants can be subtle details that do not damage the crop.
Amount or quantity of ornamental plants watering depends on the type of crop and crop park. According to the type, there are plants that like wet media and wet spring. Whereas according to the location, when placed in the room did not memmerlukan many water plants indoors because penguapannya bit and when placed outdoors
much needed water because evaporation occurs outside a lot.
Crops Must Stay Healthy
Plants placed in the room, preferably every 2 or 3 weeks once removed, because plants also need a breath of fresh air and put on a position exposed to the sun.
Crops and surroundings should be kept clean, watering or fertilizing container not scattered, because it can invite diseases.
In Crop Cultivation
On each plant requires nutrient elements between the different types of plants to one another then the application of fertilizer dose was different. Customize the application of fertilizer according to a predetermined dose of fertilizer available in finishes.
Example, on adenium plant fertilizer needed just a little. We suggest using Slow release fertilizer with a low dose. Slow release fertilizer is a kind of wrapped in a protective layer and dissolves a little bit when exposed to water splash of water. Thus, there is the risk of over dosage aka tone.
Pest and Disease
Pests: aphids, caterpillars, thrips, white flies, and fungi
• Lice leaves, the signs become dwarf plants, dried leaves or curled leaves and weak stems. How to fix it, remove plants that do not invade other plants, clean the leaves with warm water once a week andspray with appropriate medication and dosage crops.
• Worms, signs leaf worm holes and a lot of dirt around. How to fix it, destroy the worm and clean crops from weeds, weeds that can invite worm.
• Thrips, the signs will crop failure in the form of interest and eventually fall out, the spots on the leaves, and leaf blister then loss. How to fix it, clean it with warm water plant, then spray the affected area withthe drug mites according to its kind once a week.
• White Flies, signs baigian surface and back into the black bag and there was a crowd of ants. This flies laying their eggs under the leaves diprtmukaan. How to overcome this problem, the ant is destroyed, then the crop cleaned with soapy water or warm water and sprayed with an appropriate remedy.
• Mushrooms, the signs seem withered crops, crown loss, curly leaf buds, and stem and root rot. How to fix it, which damaged parts removed, then replaced with a composition of planting media is right, and sprayed with something that fits with the crop.
Benefits for pruning ornamental plants very many impacts, among which are:
Some branches of the plant expression to beautify the appearance of the plant.
Growth of stems and flowers will look compact.
Can trigger the emergence of new flowers to enhance the charm of the crop.
To avoid pests and disease, because it can break the cycle of the mite.
Re-potting is succession planting media, this would be done on media that are planted in pots because when not replaced then plant growth will be hampered. That is because the plant is too sour Kedia or roots that already meets the pot.
Replacement planting media for annual crops is done 9-12 months, whereas for seasonal crops done 3-4 months. Time of planting media replacement should be done in the afternoon, when the day doing a shady place.